Friday, February 22, 2008

Quickie

Hi - I thought I'd grab a minute to post something up about this week so far.

I've felt quite flat after all the excitement of getting the CD finished and the gig done although I've still got so much to do!

The next stage is getting the CD played on local and hopefully national radio and I'm going to start compiling a list of places to send it! Any ideas feel free to suggest them or any contacts any readers have.

I had a good meeting with a young website guy whose going to help me build a proper music website as at the moment I have three blogs, a Facebook AND a Myspace. That's not a problem but the boundaries of which is for what is blurred and I don't want friends here for example to feel I'm spamming them to buy my album so the music website will be separate. That doesn't mean I'll stop blogging about songwriting etc here (though I'll move my lyrics to the new website and videos etc) so people who are interested can go and visit there without feeling pressured to buy my CD etc!

I've also had a lot of work to do this week in regard to a couple of organisations I work with, including having to make difficult business decisions. Can't write about it here for obvious reasons of confidentiality!

Last night, I had a great evening. One of the guys from our songwriting group is leaving Bristol and heading off to live with his new girlfriend in London so we organised a goodbye party for him and as I have a big house we had it here!










There were about 15 people and as we are all musicians it turned into a tremendous jam sessions (pity the neighbours!)

Tonight I have a couple of friends coming to dinner and tomorrow I have a guy coming to do some drumming and see how it works out!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Have a great week-end.

eeore said...

you might try guerilla marketing to get it into the shops.

Not sure if this still works but basically leave a couple of CDs in a record shop, and when people buy them the shop gives them a barcode so that then the CD appears on the inventory and the shop will then be able to re order directly from you - the theory is that by doing this you circumvent the buying process.

But like I say I am not sure if this still works.