Sunday, February 03, 2008

Album Launch Party

I've finally got some time to sit down and write about the album launch party on Friday. It was FANTASTIC - I couldn't have asked for it to have gone better. I know that I played as well as I could and that the other musicians involved were all BRILLIANT.

My son and daughter did an opening set then I performed with the small band I'd put together for the night (keyboard/flute, lead guitar, percussion and backing vocals and me on acoustic guitar/keyboards).


Earlier last week, someone I'd considered one of my best friends virtually sabotaged the whole thing by a very unkind act but I was able to get past it and the show went on as planned - I came to the conclusion that he had his own issues rooted in jealousy and envy and that there was nothing I could do about it.

We had wonderful visuals comprising slide show/movie clips which synced up to the set and really made the show something special - everyone said how much they enjoyed themselves. The venue is a Polish ex-servicemens' club here in Bristol which is a great little place which holds about 200 and it was packed out - thankfully it was a sell out!

Getting ready on the night was hectic, especially as it was my first "proper" gig so I was on a steep learning curve! After my son and daughter had played, we played the title track off the album - Full Circle - then the MC and I had an onstage chat about what had inspired me to start writing and the main message I was trying to get across was that it's never too late to try and follow your creative voice (I didn't write my first song till I was 50) and follow a dream.
















Then we played our set of seven live tracks from the album, the first on keyboard with flute:


















The rest was on guitar with various combinations of the musicians. We finished off with a rousing version of People of This Earth (one of the tracks on myspace) and it was very, very exciting with everyone seeming to really enjoy it!































All my nerves seemed to evaporate once the first track was done and I thoroughly enjoyed playing the rest of the set.

After a short break, the wonderful Helele band played and everyone let their hair down and danced their socks off till chucking out time.



















It was fantastic having all my close friends and family there plus lots of people I'd never seen in my life before!

I was also very aware of the support of those people who couldn't be there that I knew would have liked to have been.

There are loads more pictures on my facebook album so here's the link to that

More Photos


If you'd like to read a review and/or buy a copy of the album you can do so at CDbaby

2 comments:

Patty said...

Congratulations, sounds as though
everything went smoothly and was even more then you expected.

eeore said...

congrats on the gig:)