Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Earthquake

Well living in safe old England I didn't think I'd be reporting on an earthquake today!!

Last night I got back from the Miners Arms open no mic and had a quick catch up on line of various things. It was quite late, sometime after 1am and I was lazily lying on my sofa in my study with my Mac. I was kind of drifty awake/asleep when the whole sofa started vibrating and I thought that maybe the neighbours were shifting furniture or something. But it went on for quite a long time and there was no noise associated. I jolted properly awake and thought I was going a bit mad because we don't have earthquakes here!!

Anyway - once it was finished I started wondering if I'd imagined the whole thing then I saw on Wozza's Facebook that he too had felt it in LONDON!

I went to bed and this morning on the news it was confirmed that we'd had the strongest earthquake for years reported all over the country with the epicentre in Lincoln - phew - I'm not going mad after all. I wish I was though - I don't like the idea of earthquakes over 5.2 on the Richter Scale!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, interesting enough. That is where my ancestors came from. In that area where the Roman legions had a fort. Lots of history there.

Nice post about the earthquake. I think the second I read today so far.

Patty said...

That would certainly have scared me a little.